Goby ticking off my jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there anything I can do to help the situation?

My orange spotted goby keeps evicting my yellow face jawfish, every time the jawfish makes a nice burrow the goby kicks him to the curb and when I look it's the goby chilling where the jawfish once was and the jawfish just moved on to another spot etc etc... My tank has tunnels all over the place. I mean it's cool cause they just pop out of nowhere and I swear they fill certain holes back up when not using them anymore.

Is this normal?

I have a tiger jawfish and a purple dottyback that don't like each other at all. My jawfish is fine if he stays put but sometimes I wake up and he is on the other side of the tank so the dottyback harasses him til he goes back to his side of the tank. Maybe it's a territorial thing? Is there anywhere that the goby leaves him be in ur tank

Fishfighter said:
I have a tiger jawfish and a purple dottyback that don't like each other at all. My jawfish is fine if he stays put but sometimes I wake up and he is on the other side of the tank so the dottyback harasses him til he goes back to his side of the tank. Maybe it's a territorial thing? Is there anywhere that the goby leaves him be in ur tank

Seems to be leaving him alone in his present home.

Back
Top Bottom