Gobys aggresive???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MatthewM

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was wanting to do a smaller SW reef tank say 30g at the most with several small reef safe fish! I loved several gobys that I saw on live aquaria and they all were rated as easy/beginner fish that were peacefull! however when I was experimenting with AQ advisor they said that different gobys should not be kept together or they may fight aggresivly! So are they agressive towards each other or would it be ok to keep a few together???

just make sure there different shapes, colors and sizes. i read alot that gobys that look alike will tend to fight over territory. ive never had 2 at a time so i only know what ive read. i hope this helps

A goby's aggression is basically it opening it's mouth in a manacing way and thats it. lol I plan on adding a yellow clown goby to my 20g that already has a green goby.

I also had a diamond back goby and a pinkspotted watchman in my 25g together for a few days and they had no issues at all.

Just keep the shapes and colors different and I think you'll be fine.

Ok thanks that's what I wanted to do acually there's so many different kind anyway! The only two similiar ones I wanted was a clown goby and a yellow clown! You think those two would be oke together?

Back
Top Bottom