Going Diving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you put Live Rock and Fish strait from the Ocean into the tank?

My Dad is talking about Diving this weekend and I thought we could get some stuff while exploring... Put it in a cooler of seawater and bring it home?

Is this ok?

Check the local laws. It is generally illegal. If you are talking about the Gulf I would be extra wary since the spill. Recent evidence shows the bottom to be affected from the spill.

The above was about the rock. Also the Gulf coast rock is not as porous as pacific coral rock.

Bringing any livestock from the ocean (even water) presents the additional risk of adding unwanted parasites to your tank. It's important to QT everything, but even more so if you go out and get it from untested waters.

e_murray said:
Can you put Live Rock and Fish strait from the Ocean into the tank?

My Dad is talking about Diving this weekend and I thought we could get some stuff while exploring... Put it in a cooler of seawater and bring it home?

Is this ok?

NO! **** NO!!!
There are so many reasons, I can't even list em. Starting from bad hitchhikers to environmental damage, and then all those toxins u r gonna add to ur tank.

Back
Top Bottom