Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-31-2004, 11:38 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to brndfrb
FINALLY!!!! YEAH!!!! Yeah dido for me. buy lots of rock. THe more the better.

Old 04-01-2004, 12:05 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Great!! Glad to hear it. Much success to you!!!
You doing the right thing

Old 04-01-2004, 12:33 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks The lfs said we had to talk to the manager tomorrow, I really hope we can trade it in if not we might find a new lfs. I am kinda worried
Old 04-01-2004, 03:02 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

just curious, what is the problem with him keeping a bubble tip in that 55? his lighting seems strong enough...I can see the argument with the angels, size and need for a mature tank & lr for grazing, but if his levels are back to 0, why would his tank not be as good as any other for the bubble? my understanding is they feed on the zoo algae in them from light...

also I thought gobies needed mature tanks as they feed by sifting sand?

pls advise
Old 04-01-2004, 05:03 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The gobie does well in the tank, the dont only get food from sifting sand but they also swim to the surface when u feed them
Old 04-01-2004, 10:37 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't agree that "more LR is better" in your case. Every piece of LR you put in your 55g is going to trade in for some valuable swimming space and your tank become "smaller". Since you are pretty heavily stock, you need the space and water. You want to stock your LR accordingly as well to your tank conditions and what type of LR you are getting. A more porous LR need less lbs/gallon from my reading. So if I was you, I will handpick LR that is very porous.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:41 PM   #17
cj10488

I highly agree with the more LR the better.. Its nice to see that you are finally listening Teen.. Smart move.. I have 120lbs in my 55gal and could/would put more in without thinking twice...

Quote:
just curious, what is the problem with him keeping a bubble tip in that 55? his lighting seems strong enough
BTAs as well as any anemone need a VERY mature tank to thrive. Have a BTA or any anemone in a 1 month old tank is just asking for troubles.. its a 99.99% chance that the BTA would not make it longer than a month or 2.. They need more that strong light.. They need constant, consistent levels with very little - no fluctuations at all... They also need plenty of LR so that they can bury their foot to protect it... I would suggest taking the BTA back as well while its still alive and getting more LR.. In about 8 months to a year you can look at getting another one..

"Shamless plug for Liverocks.com"
Their LR is the bomb.. Get 2x40# boxes of the keys stuff from them and you will have a pretty successful tank.. I would not put any other LR in my tank besides theirs..

HTH,
James
Old 04-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to brndfrb
MORE LIVEROCK THE BETTER!!!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 05:16 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
not more is better. i have now 61 lbs in my tank and the sump and there is not much more room for to many fish to swim. but if i were to get a 2nd tank and put it under the main tank then i could get more room to fill that up with.

more is better untill you have no room
Old 04-01-2004, 05:29 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My teacher is going to trade me his 26lbs of lr for the angels (Be better to trade with him because his tank and lr is more mature than the lfs's lr He said he will trade me if the lfs doesnt so basically I have a backup plan if the lfs doesnt cooperate

Tags
angel, angels

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com