Golden coral banded shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gubernaculum86

Aquarium Advice Freak
My lfs has a tiny golden coral banded shrimp, about an inch across including claws, however I have heard from lots of people that regular coral banded shrimp can get aggressive towards other shrimp and have even been known to kill snails and hermits. Are GCBS really less aggressive then their regular counterparts?

I have never had this happen. But not to say it couldn't. How big a tank?

I kept one in a three gallon Pico with three sexy shrimp,and snails and hermits with no problems.

the gold ones are a far cry form the coral banded. they are supposed to be very friendly and safe. :)

I think it would be fine. I would be more concerned with the pepermint shrimp bothering things.

My peppermints don't bother anyonein any of my tanks. :) I have 2 in my 20g with four micro fish and no issues. Have 3 in my 29g cube with no issues so far. they seem to mind their own business for me lol

My peppermint shrimps never bother anything they keep to themselves and hide a lot except for feeding time lol

I like it also. I would definitely get one if I knew it wouldn't bother my cleaner or peppermint. Do you think it would? I read the posts above.....but I am still a little unsure.

Gubernaculum86 said:
The golden banded?

Yes it was the Golden Banded.You can see it on YouTube.Plug in Ricksreef1 and you can see it in my video named Shrimp.Sorry I was late with your post question.

redsea said:
I like it also. I would definitely get one if I knew it wouldn't bother my cleaner or peppermint. Do you think it would? I read the posts above.....but I am still a little unsure.

Well see what happens. I have 2 peppermint shrimp and they are both bigger than the banded. So that might work in their favor.

Back
Top Bottom