good/bad idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mykpoz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Question about this post...

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=33886&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I'm in Florida, and the Gulf Sand that is nearby is part of a protected seashore... so I will not be going out to do a little sand recovery missions.

The local Lowe's has a Oldcastle packaged sand labeled "Kolorcraft?" but failed the vinegar test... it was a nice color too.

The only other option i have to use play sand comes from the aforementioned post. The HD in town has this "High Desert Sand" I will definitely get some LS to seed it, but I am worried about it working like it should.

Are there any other options for economically getting the sand needed for a 29-55gal tank, that i may be missing?

TIA

mykpoz

just a thought...how close are u to the gulf? and do u have access to a boat?
I live in stpete and I got over 5 gals of sand at a sand bar....this bar never comes out of the water :)
So far Ive been up and thru my cycling and am doin good and got free live sand
i understand what your tryin to accomplish....get good sand cheap
i suggest gettin a bag there (if it passes the vinegar test and cleaning it very very good) and mixing it with live sand from the gulf
youll love the results

Back
Top Bottom