Good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SouthernSon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Someone asked if I wanted this for $350 it is a 29Gal tank that comes with the following
-130W lighting
-New bulbs in unit, plus spare set
-Wet/Dry filter
-Solid wood stand
-Overflow box
-Spray bar
-Power Strips for everything
-Hydrometer, thermometer, extra salt
-Black banded bamboo cat shark, 2 atlantic hermit crabs, a couple smaller hermits, a horseshoe crab, a conch, a giant mexican turbo snail, and a fully established colony of copepods
And the tank is has been fully established for some time now.

Thanks for any advice

If that's what the prices are in your area then I guess its ok. As an example I'm selling a full setup 55g with quad t5 ATI bulbs, remora HOB and fluval canister for $500.

I'd wanna know the make of the lights, the kind, (t5, cp, florescent) etc, the number of bulbs and the skimmer make as well.

Alright I will find those out. Any make I should look for more than others? Thanks carey

Hmmm...a seaclone skimmer is basically garbage. If its a remora, octopus, prizm, bak pak youre good. Theres prob a few i missed lol

Does it have any powerheads?

I'd also be cautious about the lighting. Do you want to make this a reef tank with corals? Or just fish only? is there any live rock or sand coming with it?

Unless u plan on buying a bigger tank the shark will get way to big that's y there probably selling it

@Carey why don't u like the seaclone skimmers ?

I haven';t used one but I can't say I've ever heard of someone having a good one. most people have alot of trouble adjusting it and it's not known to be a good skimmer is all. Thye are also cheap too so if the setup comes with one it doesnt bring much value to the table really

I Actually own one myself it's been fine but I did have a little trouble with it overflowing but overall a ok deal, what size tank do you have?

I'm not posting about the deal at all, but if you plan on keeping the shark or the horshoe crab you better have intentions of upgrading soon and to very large tank

Back
Top Bottom