Good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys! Because of black friday i can get a fluval 205 canaster filter for 60 bucks! Good deal???

Haha well it would go in my 30 gal salt, and i really want good filtration so would it be smart to get a good filter, or should i get an ok filter for 30 bucks because i also have a protein skimmer... Haha

Haha well my brother doesnt really want a canister filter, he thinks its to much filtration for a 30 gal. How about an aquaclear 70 filter? Can i get one for 30 bucks?

Ya i like that filter! We officially have 74 dollars, so we could get the filter and almost get the powerheads :D

Oh so the canister filter woul be smart to buy for 60 dollars? Because we also have the protein skimmer so would a high quality filter be necessary?

I think you should reconsider getting a canister and instead run a refugium. The canister will kill all pods and anything really that goes through it. Your water will be clean and everything as in particles floating around but stuff that your corals and inverts love may not be around in your tank if u run canister.

brian242pa said:
I think you should reconsider getting a canister and instead run a refugium. The canister will kill all pods and anything really that goes through it. Your water will be clean and everything as in particles floating around but stuff that your corals and inverts love may not be around in your tank if u run canister.

Ohh so maybe the 70 would be better? Hmm.. Ok thanks

Np and as in 70 u mean that hang on filter? If so ya thats great, put a little rubble rock in it and little pods may live in it. It may sound like I am obsessing and stuff but if u had high pod population growth of tank will be much better.

I thought it was just a hang on with a pad that catches stuff sorry if I miss judged that hang on, anything that has an extreme filtration like a canister will deplete the live stuff in water

Oh okay thanks! So i guess i will get the 70 because i alredy have ok filtration, and its only a 30 g ;)

Back
Top Bottom