Good deal??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
just picked up a Red Sea Max C250 that was running with 2 clowns, a firefish, about 15 snails, some Kenya trees, mushrooms, about 20 pounds of live rock totally covered in corraline, chiller, ato system, some sort of dosing thing, a reverse osmosis system from BRS, 2 buckets of salt, and tons of chemicals that I haven't gone through yet. The lady wanted me to keep the sandbed, but when we tried to lift it there was no way! It was black anyway which I'm not fond of. Good thing the tank and stand isn't any bigger cause it just fit in my jeep!! I've since put the livestock in my current tank which is doing fine. Have to clean everything and figure out how it all goes back together!! (Yikes) I got everything for $500(and a 2.5 hour ride). I think it was a good deal with all the extras. They said the tank is acrylic but it's hard to tell. I'm excited about setting it up! I was thinking of raising the stand up a bit, but then I'll need a ladder for maintenance!
Anyone have a Red Sea Max? Is the chiller really necessary?

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I run one of the larger red sea max systems and love it. I replaced the skimmer that came with it and it didn't come with the chiller...but most open top systems don't get hot enough to require a chiller unless you live in an environment where it gets too hot around you.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I run one of the larger red sea max systems and love it. I replaced the skimmer that came with it and it didn't come with the chiller...but most open top systems don't get hot enough to require a chiller unless you live in an environment where it gets too hot around you.

This one has the closed lid on top, which I like, and the tank is glass. I'm hoping I will not the chiller. I'm excited about getting it set up. I've disconnected all of the extras the lady had and will be starting it up with the basics

That is always a good idea, working towards the things you need. With this being a closed system and most likely several t5ho bulbs over it, since red sea units didn't go to the AI leds until the last couple of years, is most likely the reason for the chiller. I hope you don't need it, but my gut is leading me to say you will. Red sea wouldn't have put it there if it wasn't needed.

Back
Top Bottom