Good deal or not!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found a used 11 gal nano reef setup for 179.99.

It has the lights, the balasts, and the oak stand. It is al 11 gal tall accrylic(sp?). No scratches, its in good shape.

I have a skilter 250 supplimented with a limewood air stone.

I have a regular 10 gal now and have been looking at lights for it and have priced them at about 140$.....for 40$ more I would rather have the cooler looking tank anyway!

Good deal or not?

I would say it is not a good deal but when you say:
I have a regular 10 gal now and have been looking at lights for it and have priced them at about 140$.....for 40$ more I would rather have the cooler looking tank anyway!
It sounds a lot better. What type lights does the new aquarium have?

These are kind of off topic questions but since u mentioned it seedeem. I have a skilter 250 too and planning to do that air stone mod this weekend. Does the mod work well? Does it reduce bubbles? Did u do anything else other than the air stone mod to enhance the skilter? How did u perform the air stone mod (i just want to make sure my plan is right)?

Thanks alot.

TheRealFF said:
I have a skilter 250 too and planning to do that air stone mod this weekend. Does the mod work well? Does it reduce bubbles? Did u do anything else other than the air stone mod to enhance the skilter? How did u perform the air stone mod (i just want to make sure my plan is right)?

It works 10 X better!

BUT...make sure you have a little control valve, or the skimmer tray will fill up with water and overflow. You dont need a big pump either, works grat with a small one....I took a sharp knife and made the little hole on top of the skimmer tray a little bigger around and put the tubing through that, and used it to hold the limewood down.

Turn it on and watch it for a while, then turn it up or down as needed.

Back
Top Bottom