Good fish suggestion to get rid of some pods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is a good fish to add to help a mandarin eat some pods. I always knew I had a large pod population but not this big. I installed some moonlights yesterday. When I went in to check out the tank late last night it looked like someone had shook up a snow globe. 8O Thousands of them

haha. I wish i had that problem, my pod population has gone way down since i added a few fish. What fish don't you have is the question? LOL.

I thought you had plenty of pod eating fish as it was brian..
do they start out in your fuge?
something in the fuge "other then the crabs and shrimp" could get them before they take the roller coster ride up to the main.. lol

How about getting a mate for your Mandarin? I've read that they have some pretty interesting courting antics. It's easy to distinguish between male and female mandarins. I would have two myself if I thought my 90 could support them both.

Why do you want to get rid of pods? Do you just not like the look of them or something? Almost every copepod is good for your tank except some parasitic ones that very very VERY rarely enter your tank.

And yeah I would suggest a mate for your mandarin if you can find one. Your tank is big so there's no problem at all in putting one more in. Heck it's so big even if it wasn't a female or male, opposite of whatver sex it is right now that what you have, may still get along together since of the space.

Or like they said a six line wrasse may be cool too. Eats copepods and other little bugs and sometimes bristleworms so it might be exactly what your looking for and more.

Will the six line harass my gobies etc. I read this on liveaquaria.
It may act aggressively towards peaceful Wrasses and other fish that are easily intimidated.

You could try a dragon sea moth. They are really cool looking and eat copepods. They are on liveaquaria.com

I'd suggest a mandarin mate if you have a male. Females are pretty territorial and may harrass a male if introduced. As said before, pairs do a courtship dance that I've never seen, but supposedly it blows away Patrick Swayze and that Jennifer Gray chick.

- Skins

I'm with dragonforce. With your tank size, another mandarin and a couple of six-lines would be great for your issue.

My six-line did get aggressive toward another wrasse and killed it but the other wrasse was introduced well after the six-line was established. You'll be adding them as new members. Besides, the little buggers are only 1"-1.5" long. I think they could find some room in your place. VERY cool fish also. Love mine!

I will probably do a mate for the mandarin and possibly a six-line. Do the six-line wrasse eat prepared food ok?

mine does! He's a great fish, too, really hardy and great coloring....eats frozen prepared foods from day 1.

Back
Top Bottom