GOOD GRADES!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

first-timer89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am very happy because my parents said that they would buy me the fish tank of my choice under 200 gallons if i get all A's and B's. Might not see much of me here for the next 5 weeks unless my 20 gallon crashes or something. Also does anyone have any advice for picking the best tank possable so i dont get a VERY BAD ONE. :oops: thanks.....

Congrats!! Under 200 huh...hmmmm
How about a 180. 8)
Or a 199 custom acrylic. 8O :p

Wow you can get a 180 for $200? thats just the tank right?

good luck fish timer and get ta studying

Anything under 200 gallons? I'd go with an Oceanic 180, or if you prefer the look, a 175 (172?) bowfront with internal overflows. That way, you can do anything you want from an awesome FW tank to a reef...no limitations. IMO, Oceanic is probably the best quality unless you go with a custom tank.

personally i wouldnt get anything too big
the biger the tank the more maintenance it will require
maybe a 75, 90 or 120 would be nice .
not too big but a very good size tank
it will give you a good amt of livestock choices
and dont forget
the BIGGER the tank the MORE EXPENSIVE the equipment will be

youre parents are great for giving you an incentive for good grades
just keep it up and you can get in to college to get amuch better job than the bulk of your high school kids
trust me
flipping burgers at mickydees is not a good way to spend your time and you will not make enough money to support your new large tank
not to mention the cost of fish ,sand, equip,lights,etc will take time to buy when you work for $5.50 per hour

dont mean to crush your hopes just adding a bit of reality to your decisions

:)

My parents would help pay for all that stuff. :D I am soo lucky
I think i could handle a tank of 180+gallons cuz now a look after 2 ,10 gallons, 1, 20 gallon and 1, 55 gallon. 55 and 10 fresh 20 and 10 saltwater. i will probley go with a reef tank. The weard thing is is that all i have to do is maintain my grades. should be pretty easy. :p

geeze.

If I got good grades in school, the only thing my parents gave me was the satisfaction of knowing that I would one day be able to afford to move out.

:roll:

loganj said:
IMO, Oceanic is probably the best quality unless you go with a custom tank.

agreed. I have an Oceanic 37 Gallon tank and stand and the quality is unbelieavable! (check out my gallery to see pics.) the tank, light, and stand will run you about 300 bucks.

first-timer89,

Well then keep the grades up and get a killer HUGE tank.
Good Luck!!

Huge tanks rule!!

Go for the Oceanic 180 thats what I have and I love it.

Wow,my mom and my cousin was like that.They said if I get A's and B's on my report card they would buy me any choice of aquarium at the LFS but sadly I got a C in math. :(

Same with me. I'm getting a 55gal. Although they will match whatever money I raise. so far I've raised $550. I'm getting the tank next month.

Back
Top Bottom