good heaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly0707

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an Aqueon 200 watt heater for my 55 gallon tank. Is there something better if I have it set at 78 it goes past 80 and a couple times it has gone past 80 I have lost a fish.

Water paremters were fine. Is there a heaer that is more accurate? Right now its set at 76 temp is 76.4 nd the heater is on.

Thanks

The temp indicator on the dial isn't going to be perfect. It'll get you close but then you have to adjust for actual results. Of course when the days get warmer that temp may rise without any help from the heater. I'm already contemplating fans in anticipation.

- D

I run aqueon heaters and they are great. I have a normal aqueon on my 36, but on my 55 I got an Aqueon pro 200. I have had no issues with it. If this is the same one you are using, I'd put money that the gauge for it to switch off if it goes above the set heat is bad.

If you are set on a new heater id recommend the ehime true temp....may take a little to dial it in just right tho

Back
Top Bottom