Good LEDs to support SPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hardridge said:
One is evolution two are t-Ttronics all are 120w

Evo50? 100? How would you compare the Evo to the taotronics? Is the fan on the taotronics really as loud as people say?

bioteacher said:
Evo50? 100? How would you compare the Evo to the taotronics? Is the fan on the taotronics really as loud as people say?

I was in a room with about 15 of them running without any canopies to cover them and the running water was still the main sound you could hear.. I wouldn't have any complaints for the noise.

I have 100 and I thk they're exactly the same agree water is louder than fand

Hi Ted Aloha:)! Have you upgraded your tank now to 100 gallon? that was big,in 100 gallon tank,you will need a dimmable,if you will choose some 55x3 LED in 100g,you will need atleast 2 or 3 if you want more spread 3 is best. I am using now that 55x3 to my tank 29g,it is dimmable,with combination of white & blue colors,it has sps,with 90 degree optics!

55x3 LED!

Im looking for good LED lights to support soft coral growth and looking for suggestions. Ive heard of EShine, Radion and Maxspect but since Im new to hobby just some input is appreciated. Presently I have a 36" 50gal but will be upgrading to a 100-125gal in the future.
Aloha

Hi Ted Aloha! Have you upgraded your tank now to 100 gallon? that was big,in 100 gallon tank,you will need a dimmable,if you will choose some 55x3 LED in 100g,you will need atleast 2 or 3 if you want more spread 3 is best. I am using now that 55x3 to my tank 29g,it is dimmable,with combination of white & blue colors,it has sps,with 90 degree optics!

Yes I finally got a 100gal with LEDs. My next thread will be about do I need a chiller when I get into SPS corals.

Generally with LEDs you will not need a chiller, usually a big plus for going led for some people, chillers are expensive. Just run your setup for a couple days for like 14-16hrs, see what the temp is when you turn it on, then when you turn it off, if the temp changes more than 5 degrees you may need a chiller.

Also I'm not saying run your lights everyday for 14-16hrs, just for a few days to see what the maximum temp swing is.

Back
Top Bottom