Good pistol shrimp with yellow watchman goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Michael's pistol and I put my yellow watchman in about a month ahead of the shrimp and they paired up within an hour. That shrimp is awesome it has huge purple claws

The normally pair no matter what my goby snatches hermit crabs and brings them into the den for the pistol to eat lol

The pistol I have has big purple claws and a black spot on the side. It paired up great with my yellow watchman

corinne118s said:
What type? The little blue legs? I might try that

Not sure if this is for me but blue leg hermits it what my pistol eats

Just don't plan on seeing a lot of the pistol. Even my goby is only seen once a month. I fear he is dead 28 days of the month. Then pops up. I must have food somewhere they are eating.

Bige said:
Just don't plan on seeing a lot of the pistol. Even my goby is only seen once a month. I fear he is dead 28 days of the month. Then pops up. I must have food somewhere they are eating.

+1. I am in this position right now. Havnt seen my Yasha goby un over a month. I can see the pistol shrimp from time to time with flashlight down his burrow. I hope my Yasha isn't dead. He is my favorite fish.

You guys don't see your gobys for that long? I see mine everyday. It sits right at the front of the burrow and acually some how decides it like pellet food but will eat mysis and will feed the mysis to my pistol

I just got a Tiger pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby 2 days ago and they haven't paired up yet, but i'm hoping they do. I bought mine on Aquacon.com and i'm not a fan of them just as a heads up. They call you before they ship your order which they did but never ship me 3 other items I ordered for a friend and never told me until I called and complained. Plus a lettuce Nudibranch died as well, and they won't reship everything until I buy something else which means I'd have to pay another $50 for shipping which is crazy!! I suggest you go on Saltwaterfish.com and buy a Yellow watchman goby and Pistol shrimp paired up already. They were like $30 which isn't a bad price.

Does anybody know if the Yellow watchman changes colors as they get older? I can't find anything online saying they do, bc the one that Aquacon.com sent is whiteish..

ForumRunner_20120217_101258.jpg

They get dull if they are stressed I know that. Buying them already paired seems like a waste unlessthe price is the same. I see my goby EVERY time I look at the tank, in the same spot. He eats from my hand. Pistol comes out when the goby eats. This may be because I have no other fish not sure

Wow that almost doesn't look like a yellow watchman at all. Google image different watchman gobies see if another fots

That isn't at yellow watchman. It's just a blue dot watchman. Those colors are perfectly normal for the regular blue dot watchman. If he was an actually yellow goby and had that color I would be very very concerned

I think blue dot is more likely. The female looks like it has dark fins in the picture yours doesn't. Can you take a better picture? Maybe in perspective to other fish or stock

Bige said:

Make a den at the front of your tank using a plastic clear tube like gravel vac

How this pic?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120217_193725.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120217_193725.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 130
Back
Top Bottom