Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to degbowl
Just to update everyone. I went to Petsmart. Their price for IO 160 gal salt was $45.99. The price at petsmart.com was $31.99. I went to Petsmart with a printout of the salt for $31.99. They did a price change at the register and I paid $34.75 after tax. I will be doing that more often. I saved alot of money. Thanks penpitt!
Jim

Old 02-18-2006, 10:11 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
The cost for the same 160 gal bucket at my LFS is upward of $70 last time I looked. With prices like that you can see its indeed far cheaper for some of us to buy online and pay high shipping fees.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:45 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to degbowl
I usually don't buy anything from Petsmart, but if I can save that much on salt, then I will keep buying the salt from them. If you buy from drsfostersmith.com then the shipping isn't that much.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:25 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I just wish my Petsmarts here sold the 200 gallon buckets of Oceanic because I would do that. But when Drsfostersmith had there free shipping in December and no weight charges for salt I bought 3 buckets of Oceanic salt then. That should last me around 6 months.
penpitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:24 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Wow! Gonna have to check with drfostersandsmith tomorrow since I have to order some stuff anyway. Way cool if I can get salt at no extra shipping charge. Betting I'm not eligible though due to location. We do have Petsmart on the way here in Anchorage though, so may be able to use the price matching thing I currently pay $22 for a 50 gallon bag of IO, and that's at Petco here.

Several smaller pet stores here have went out of business recently just because Petsmart is on the way.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

I'm waiting of a free bucket from Kent. I emailed them about a low pH problem I was seeing and after sending them a 1 lb sample they agreed that it was low in pH and Alk. So they are sending me a new bucket to make up for the buffers I've been using.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com