Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Good price or keep looking?

Buying a 150gl (glass, tank only, no stand) they best price I've got from LFS is $820 that includes drilled, 2 overflows & basic pluming included! Is this a good price or should I keep looking? I want new not used so CL out of question!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ahh I was going to mention CL because you can get a drilled 150 or more for atleast half that.

TommyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's reasonable. You may try and talk em down a hundred or so but if your going brand new anything over 75/90 gallons starts to get pretty pricey. I would really reccomend CL cause if you willing to spend that much on the tank then you could be patient and find a perfectly fine tank and probably everything but lighting for that much. I got my 46 bf everything but lighting for $110 and a 46 bf FW setup scratch free for $50 (both with stands all filtration, plumbing, t8s, etc)
Old 01-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got my 55g tank with stand/hood/t8 lights that I dont use anyway for $100 on craigslist. Saved me a bunch $$ tested to hold water before I bought it and just wiped it down when I got home.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858 View Post
That's reasonable. You may try and talk em down a hundred or so but if your going brand new anything over 75/90 gallons starts to get pretty pricey. I would really reccomend CL cause if you willing to spend that much on the tank then you could be patient and find a perfectly fine tank and probably everything but lighting for that much. I got my 46 bf everything but lighting for $110 and a 46 bf FW setup scratch free for $50 (both with stands all filtration, plumbing, t8s, etc)
See I don't need or want everything. I want to do it all myself from scratch. I have looked on CL but I'm thinking I'd rather start new. Also purchasing something from Craigslist (biggest town is about 2hr where I'm seeing stuff for sale) I'd have to borrow a vehicle for the drive.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

In that case it just may be easier to buy new like you originally planned. Sometimes I like to buy things new as well because its YOURS not someone elses. But either way, I really hope you find the best deal and can't wait to see you get started. This forum is really helpful so post anything you need right here.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyP View Post
In that case it just may be easier to buy new like you originally planned. Sometimes I like to buy things new as well because its YOURS not someone elses. But either way, I really hope you find the best deal and can't wait to see you get started. This forum is really helpful so post anything you need right here.
Thanks! I've got a lot of advice from AA when I picked up my first tank but I'm still learning and I think that's another good reason I need to do it all from scratch.... To learn. The tank bought was 9mo old when I moved it so I've been dealing with someone else's set up. I've had a lot of learning experiences, things I'd like to do and not to do! The problem I've learned is everyone does things differently lol!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah exactly.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com