Good reef keeping book?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grease

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if anyone has any really good n informative books to read?

I purchased two books from amazon for about $12 each that lists all the fish and inverts that you can get. It has been a godsend when out shopping cause alot of lfs dont know what they are selling. I would highly suggest you pick up one or both, they can save you alot of heartache. lol They are also a great read because they list like every fish that is sold in the trade and you can read up on just about anything.
:)

I purchased two books from amazon for about $12 each that lists all the fish and inverts that you can get. It has been a godsend when out shopping cause alot of lfs dont know what they are selling. I would highly suggest you pick up one or both, they can save you alot of heartache. lol They are also a great read because they list like every fish that is sold in the trade and you can read up on just about anything.
:)

What are the books called?

I was wondering if anyone has any really good n informative books to read?

This book helped me a lot. Got it at Barnes

There are two other books that i have researched and will get can't remember the names atm. Have fun

Attachments

• image-1393730778.jpg
    image-1393730778.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 70
I haven't used any books yet so far in the hobby. I have found success through this forum and backed up sites...for difficult species I wanted to keep I was able to find college level material on keeping them.
When I go to my LFS, I simply use my phone for any info on something I'm not familiar with. I use liveaquaria.com and recently added aquaribase to my phone to fiddle around with. For the most part, LA will answer any questions you could have IMO.
Is there something more specific you are looking for that this wouldn't cover?

search The Reef Aquarium: science, art and technology its 80 dollars on amazon. its 650 pages and has taught me a lot of very useful information

I haven't used any books yet so far in the hobby. I have found success through this forum and backed up sites...for difficult species I wanted to keep I was able to find college level material on keeping them.
When I go to my LFS, I simply use my phone for any info on something I'm not familiar with. I use liveaquaria.com and recently added aquaribase to my phone to fiddle around with. For the most part, LA will answer any questions you could have IMO.

Agreed 100 percent. These are really all my resources. This book was my first purchase when i decided to join the hobby. However, sniper is on point. All this information and then some is easily found in this forum and from using my phone. I feel this book is great for beginners imo

This place is amazing but i dont think it's healthy to limit yourself to one community. There are various other apps and forums. Mr. Saltwaterfishtank on youtube has some of the most amazing videos with great insight.

That's basically what I have been doing too. I was just looking for books I could read at home.

Thanks everybody. I really appreciate all the help!

Not a problem. I agree with some of the above statements about things like mrsaltwaterfish on YouTube as well. I was introduced to him when I was looking into HOB overflows from someone on the forum. Asking questions will lead you down the right path. Sometimes you'll spark a good debate along the way. It is always healthy in a community. There is a ton of experience at your fingertips. I wouldn't be as knowledgable as I have become without the help of people in this forum with literally decades of keeping sw tanks under there belts.

I am reading about how one slight difference in your tank can mean that... What worked for him or her may not work for you. Study your tank, be open minded and ask plenty however weigh your options and don't be afraid to go against the grain. IMO :)

Back
Top Bottom