Good Websites to Buy Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sanderson417 said:
I recently received my order of two corals from Aquasd. The quality and packing were great. I also received a freebie, which is amazing. I will definitely order from them again. I forget, who initially recommended Aquasd.com, but thanks. I hope you get something from them for all of the business you sent them.

They always hook me up, I always recommend them before any other because of the quality of business.

Aquasd is not, they specialize more in the hard to find and rare coral. A lot of my zoanthids I pay 50-200 per polyp from places like Zoanthid.com and zoaplanet.com.

You won't find a better deal on livestock guarenteed. I live in Vegas and we have some of the best stock choices in the US because we get everything rolling threw LA. Trust me, aquasd will take care of you and get you some beautiful pieces! :)

That's what I can't wrap my head around either. Never seen more than 30 for a rare frag with multiple polyps lol

bioteacher said:
Are they any tougher to grow than regular Zoas?

Seriously, $170 per polyp? That sounds extreme to me. Everyone to their own, but I don't want that kind of cash tied up in my frag tank. The loss of 3 or 4K because power went out, or I did something a little wrong is too big a risk for me. It is pretty though. I love the names...last time I saw names like these was in a Amsterdam cafe that served different varieties of a green herb. Those polyps were expensive as well I observed.

Last edited:
Insane, maybe. I live right outside of America's larges saltwater livestock distribution location. I propagate and sell at 50% of retail. Always keep my original colony. Investments is not a problem if you expect return.

Can't say I know about a power loss in Vegas in the last 10 years, but rest assured, I have a reef keeper in a computer backup system keeping my tank safe. 120$ for the battery with an 8 hour safeguard on my mag7. :)

Readingexcalibur said:
Insane, maybe. I live right outside of America's larges saltwater livestock distribution location. I propagate and sell at 50% of retail. Always keep my original colony. Investments is not a problem if you expect return.

Can't say I know about a power loss in Vegas in the last 10 years, but rest assured, I have a reef keeper in a computer backup system keeping my tank safe. 120$ for the battery with an 8 hour safeguard on my mag7. :)

I am not trying to poke fun...I am just astounded at what these exotic polyps are worth. I have all of mine on power backup as well with a Reefkeeper. I was going to concentrate on exotic caps and Acros, but this has me thinking the market is exotic zoas if this is what these go for. I can grow zoas like mad.

bioteacher said:
Utter Chaos $180 per polyp!!

If you can buy em locally then do it. I always go through a local reef forum where many people are selling upper class frags. I bought a 2 polyp frag of utter chaos from someone for $20.

Gregcoyote said:
I am not trying to poke fun...I am just astounded at what these exotic polyps are worth. I have all of mine on power backup as well with a Reefkeeper. I was going to concentrate on exotic caps and Acros, but this has me thinking the market is exotic zoas if this is what these go for. I can grow zoas like mad.

I know your not, when I first found out about the cost of some of these things, I about fell over.

I sell utter chaos for 40 per polyp.

Rosseg said:
Aquasd seems drastica more expensive than other sites.

Some stuff is expensive; however, compare some of their small zoa frags to other website. Aquasd has nice stuff for only $10 ea frag.

Gregcoyote said:

Any tips for "growing zoas like mad"? What do u feed them? I have some that look OK yet are not replicating.

Well..."like mad" is relative. We aren't growing corn here... When I have things dialed in and there isn't any competition from other corals I see colonies doubling about every two months. Meaning if there were 6, then 60 days later there are 12 and so on. Everything needs to be at near zero, especially phosphates and I found using a little iodine helps. I also feed them when I am not lazy, that will accelerate growth by a significant factor.

Back
Top Bottom