Good Websites to Buy Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gregcoyote said:
Seriously, $170 per polyp? That sounds extreme to me. Everyone to their own, but I don't want that kind of cash tied up in my frag tank. The loss of 3 or 4K because power went out, or I did something a little wrong is too big a risk for me. It is pretty though. I love the names...last time I saw names like these was in a Amsterdam cafe that served different varieties of a green herb. Those polyps were expensive as well I observed.

Lmao. Observing polyps hehe, love that!

Gregcoyote said:
Well..."like mad" is relative. We aren't growing corn here... When I have things dialed in and there isn't any competition from other corals I see colonies doubling about every two months. Meaning if there were 6, then 60 days later there are 12 and so on. Everything needs to be at near zero, especially phosphates and I found using a little iodine helps. I also feed them when I am not lazy, that will accelerate growth by a significant factor.

Thanks. I have a trumpet coral growing much faster than some of my zoas. I started using Reef Bugs by Marc Weiss Interprises this week to feed my corals along with Phytofeast. I hope this helps.

Gregcoyote said:
Be careful with the Phytofeast as it can raise organic levels. Look into Reef Chili. I like it fine.

I do enjoy my reef chili. I think I'll mix a batch up for my corals for thanksgiving when I get home from work at midnight.

Sniperhank said:
I do enjoy my reef chili. I think I'll mix a batch up for my corals for thanksgiving when I get home from work at midnight.

Don't forget the cranberry sauce!

My son is redesigning a web site for a coral provider we both like:

Cultivatedreef.com

They are having some nice x-Mas specials.

I definitely tagging along looking for good online places to buy corals at reasonable prices. But I will wait to Spring to order I have read several post last year that shipments hsvr been left in the warehouse only to freeze up during the winter months.

To be on the safe side, be certain to tell the online company that you want overnight via UPS or Fed Ex or a similar company. Also ask for signed delivery and plan to have someone at home to receive the package. I ordered some stuff from GARF and they sent it to me via 2 day with USPS even though they said it would be UPS via 1 day delivery. For my $160 purchase, only one $2 fish survived. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau. It is never worth trying 2 day delivery for corals. BTY, the USPS cannot send 2 day delivery throughout the entire US. It depends on the distance.

Softie Guy said:
To be on the safe side, be certain to tell the online company that you want overnight via UPS or Fed Ex or a similar company. Also ask for signed delivery and plan to have someone at home to receive the package. I ordered some stuff from GARF and they sent it to me via 2 day with USPS even though they said it would be UPS via 1 day delivery. For my $160 purchase, only one $2 fish survived. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau. It is never worth trying 2 day delivery for corals. BTY, the USPS cannot send 2 day delivery throughout the entire US. It depends on the distance.

I had some sps coral come 2 day just fine. I wouldn't recommend it, but its possible.

Back
Top Bottom