Gorgonian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erichm20

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Picked up this new gorg for $9 thought I'd give it a shot. I add phyco pure twice a week. I put it on the bottom in a medium flow area.

Any advice or experience is appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image-3976456456.jpg
    image-3976456456.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 126
I had one for a few months and it seemed to be doing pretty good, until my coral beauty started nipping at the polyps until it was bare. Cool decoration though.

I got a blue gorgonian a little over a month ago. It seems to be doing okay. I have a pink one that is doing well, but that one is photosynthetic, my blue is not. I feed it cyclopeeze every 2-3 days. Ive read that they can go bad fairly quickly, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen. (Obviously-lol)
Good luck with yours!

Ok good to know I was gonna pick up some cyclopeez for all the coral anyway. The blue ones are awesome (never seen a pink but that sounds cool) my lfs only seems to have these yellow ones. I'm pretty happy seeing the polyps opening already I read it can take a little while.

Out of curiosity, what kind of flow do u have where you put the blue? I've read that every specimen can like different amounts but just wondering. Also did you glue yours to a rock or just wedge it in between and let it take ahold itself?

Interesting about the cba I have a rusty angel that nips at the rocks and glass so I'll have to watch him.

I have mine planted in the sand near the front. I read that if its directly under lights, it can start to grow algae and die. It has good but not direct flow.

That gorgonian (as well as the "blueberry" variation) are non photosynthetic. They rely solely on food in the water column. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to keep enough nutrients in the water column to keep them healthy, and not spoil your tank, or at least have some other issues, like nuisance algae for instance.
Any of the sea whips that have white polyps are non photosynthetic filter feeders.

That gorgonian (as well as the "blueberry" variation) are non photosynthetic. They rely solely on food in the water column. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to keep enough nutrients in the water column to keep them healthy, and not spoil your tank, or at least have some other issues, like nuisance algae for instance.
Any of the sea whips that have white polyps are non photosynthetic filter feeders.

Blueberrys are hard to keep for long periods of time but look sweet as hell not impossible tho make sure your using plankton small enough for it turn off filter when adding food so it can feed for a bit before filter removes food from water

I'll keep doing phycopure twice weekly and target feed it occasionally and watch it close. If anything I got a free five eye Favia frag out of the deal as well!

Thanks for the input!

Well I doubt it will last even that long... Since the angel has seen it he's been nipping at it like a dog with a bone...

Fintastic is great though- always good stuff and knowledgable staff

Back
Top Bottom