Gorilla Glue Reef Safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarinaClown

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi

I am modding an aquaclear 50 filter into a refugium and used this glue on it. I haven't put it in yet because curing takes 24 hrs. I have read on other forums that it should be ok to use in reef aquariums as long as it is cured.
Has anybody had any experience good or bad?
Here are the specs. Thanks

image-4235262055.jpg

Attachments

• image-694601143.jpg
    image-694601143.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 134
  • image-1131286256.jpg
    image-1131286256.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 171
The best glue is Ecotech Coral Glue (CG) but its so darn expensive. I haven't used Gorilla Glue but a lot of the other glue like Krazy Glue and Loctite's Glue usually only lasts a few months in the tank. CG is the best by far. Some LFS's carry sample's that you can try. There is a certain ingredient that you have to look for in the glue but I don't remember what it is.

The best glue is Ecotech Coral Glue (CG) but its so darn expensive. I haven't used Gorilla Glue but a lot of the other glue like Krazy Glue and Loctite's Glue usually only lasts a few months in the tank. CG is the best by far. Some LFS's carry sample's that you can try. There is a certain ingredient that you have to look for in the glue but I don't remember what it is.

Thanks. The ingredient everyone recommends is Cyanoacrylate which this one doesn't have. I was torn 50/50 but not going to take the risk and use different glue.

Back
Top Bottom