got a 20L for about 2 years, moving to studio apartment, want to downsize

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to get a new tank thats a bit smaller, maybe 15, but can't bring along my 20L. Its had a crack near the top and I don't want to keep it any more if I move. I have paired clownfishes, 1 large ywm goby x pistol shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, a handful of snails and a halloween crab that is large. I have about 25 or 30 lbs of live rock I can re-use and like 40 lbs of black sand I am not sure if I can reuse(moving it cause another cycle)?

what exactly would be the easiest way to transfer all of this and the time frame? I am thinking buy a new tank with new lights and reuse all other equipment. I can put half old sand half new sand, rocks, and old tank water into new tank, and put in fish after? Is this even possible, would I be fine since I am using the same sand/water/rock I can do this in 1 day?

thanks, could use any advice or what people usually do for this transition. Only thing I would be planning on purchasing is a new tank/lights, reuse old stuff.

Back
Top Bottom