Got a new sailfin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markaveli

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a new sailfin today and my yellow tang chases it all around I thought they got along anybody got any info

It really depends on the fish themselves. My yellow tang bullied my kole tang for some time, but now leaves it alone for the most part. It's best to add tangs at the same time.

I am having the same experience here. Posting along to see what people say

What size tank are they in? Anthing less than a 6' tank and your chances are good that there will be aggression because of a lack of space.

Mine are in a 60gal 48" tank because of a rescue from some people off Craigslist list.. long story short it was i take them with some liverock or they were going to flush them. I am planing on upgrading to a 125 in October or December. I rearranged some rock hoping that would help the aggression. Do you think for the time being they will be ok?

How does that work

Place a small 4x4 inch or so mirror in the tank..The yellow tang will think you just put in another YT(its own reflection) and be a lot more interested in it..Move the mirror around a few time a day too....This has been known to work very well..Good luck

Ok so I have tried the mirror thing to and it does seem to work but i think maybe having 2 mirrors would work allot better. There is still some aggression but it is slowly going away

Ok so I have tried the mirror thing to and it does seem to work but i think maybe having 2 mirrors would work allot better. There is still some aggression but it is slowly going away
yeah,i would imagine 2 could work better,but thats also why its good to move it around..

Though i would update on the mirror thing. So far there is still aggression between the two. I am really contemplating taking them out and re placing them into the tank after moving rock around.

I using the mirror distraction and yellow tang is trying to kill his self (his reflection) he so confusedo_O

Attachments

• 2011-08-29 19.36.00.jpg
    2011-08-29 19.36.00.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 2011-08-29 19.35.35.jpg
    2011-08-29 19.35.35.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 2011-08-29 19.35.18.jpg
    2011-08-29 19.35.18.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom