Got a par meter for my new LEDS.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can get about 150 on the sand bed you are fine.

With my lights at about 50% white and 40% blue. I am at 135 at the sand bed and 255 at about an inch below the water with a glass top. Think I should increase them a little more?

Yes, according to those numbers, but do you have corals now? If you just got the lights I would wait and see and listen to your corals. LEDs are funny in that they really penetrate the water well. A lot better than all the lighting we've used to date. Just because the PAR numbers are what they are, doesn't necessarily mean that they are getting "X" amount of usable light.

Yes I have a candy cane and a frogspawn and two rbta's. my LFS just let me borrow the par meter today. Before I had my lights at about 40/30 white/blue and then I turned them up to 50/40. Maybe I will wait a couple days and turn them up a little higher after I see how they react to this increase in light?

Do measurements with each raise in percentage, so you know what you are getting when you turn it up or down without the PAR meter, and then watch the corals. honestly, you don't have any super light needy pieces yet, so you can take your time ramping the fixture up to full power.

Awesome thank you for the advice!!!! Hoping to get some zoas and some other bright stuff but I want to make sure I do it slow and correctly.

Mr.X, so on these same lights the idea is to slowly get both blue and whites up to 100%?

Back
Top Bottom