Got coralline, how to remove?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I finally got around to a good inspection today and have little round circles of purple growing on my back glass in places i can't possible reach to scrape it off. Don't get me wrong, it's all over everything and I'm good with that BUT the back glass is really bothering me. LOL

Is there any way to discourage the purple from growing on glass? Or do I have to break down half my rock periodically to remove it?

Thanks guys

There's a reason almost every tank you see is caked on the back with coralline.

There's no real way to discourage it and breaking the tank down over it is just such a pain. :)

What kills me is I rockscaped so that I would have access to clean the back glass but the mag float isn't enough to do it. LOL

So I guess I just bask in the total purple/red that is taking over? hehe... I really wasn't expecting this issue to arise so soon after I set up. I thought it takes years to get that caked on look.

I hopefully get to start fresh in a 125g soon, how do I resell the tank with all that gunk? Can it be scraped off entirely after it's empty?

Thanks for the quick answer Flake.

People use razor blades to get it off. There's a technique for it to not scrape anything else so look it up first.

You need this...

Easy Blade (Glass Only)

Look at the detail as far as what cleaning magnets it attaches to. It just glues on to your inside magnet with super glue.

Personally... I just let my back glass "go natural." Less fuss that way.

This is why I didn't bother putting a background on my tank! Letting the coralline be my background, and I love it!

This is why I didn't bother putting a background on my tank! Letting the coralline be my background, and I love it!

Yes Sir...... know how many poeple has said why not or when are u getting a background

LOL. I was so concerned that i didn't get a chance to paint mine. Guess it's gonna be totally moot in a few more months. then I'm gonna have to scrape the bad boy down in a few months when i sell it.

Wondering if I just shouldn't remove the background now.

ive wanted to paint the back of my tank but its gonna be a such a choir since its full now i just said forget it and got a black background i should have painted it when i first started but since i have the back starting to cover with coraline as well once its more covered i will test to see how it looks without the black background

I painted the 125g and lemme tell ya it was the best thing I ever did! looks awesome. I plan on painting the back of the future 125 reef as well. But not that bright blue, I kinda like the darker blue like I have on my background in the 55 now. looks real good with my lights. :)

Yes Sir...... know how many poeple has said why not or when are u getting a background

Back
Top Bottom