Got inpatient

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dpizarrojr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I was assured by my LFS that my live rock was cycled (I did pick it out of the tank myself) and that with the live sand I have I should be ok with my cycling. So 3 days ago I went to get my clownfish but they didn't have any. Do I opted for damsels instead. I have to say I'm pretty happy. And I was assured that my clownfish are compatible with the damsels. I was told to wait 2 weeks before I put any coral in so now it's a waiting game. Also added a reef back ground. Not sure if looks tacky or not. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

image-485537705.jpg

image-924404976.jpg

I was told they wouldn't be but thanks. I will take that into consideration for my next purchase

A lot of stores will tell you what u want to hear on the whole they usually are just be careful

Damsels are mean as[moderator edit]There gona lay clame to your tank and be aggressive to what ever you put in next. Test you water before you add coral too. I couldnt wate when I first got started and put a frog spawn coral in and I could actually see it die. I dont think it lasted a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you planning on keeping the damsels? Like stated above you might have issues with adding fish after them. :)

Tank looks good though, not tacky from what i can see.

Added my damsel first then a chroomie then wo clowns and they ae doing good they all swim together and don't seem to be having a problem may be an exception or maybe problems down the road?

Just keep your eyes on them. Damsels are pretty fish but they come with a nasty attitude. LOL You may get lucky and have mellow ones. :)

Now I'm a bit worried. This is what I really want.
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Fridmani Pseudochromis
1 six line wrasse
2 green chromis
2 Kauderns cardinal fish

2 scarlet cleaner shrimp
3 Hawaii feather dusters

I also wanted various crabs and snails to attack algae. Also coral which I know nothing about.

Would I have to take the damsels out to achieve this? Is this too much for my 55 gallon tank?

I think the stock list is fine for a 55g. BUT you may want to remove the damsels. Or you could wait and see what happens. If theres aggression you could take them out then.

Ok. Well the next set is the clownfish so we'll see how they interact with each other. Does anybody have any tips on corals I can start with?

Mushrooms or zoas from experience just starting my tank as well. They ae doing great so far in the past two weeks open everyday nice color. Just added a Duncan yesterday it's doing good fed a couple mysis shrimp this morning. All depends on the type of lighting you have tho. I have a four bulb t5 with two white and two actinic lights.

EriksFish315 said:
Mushrooms or zoas from experience just starting my tank as well. They ae doing great so far in the past two weeks open everyday nice color. Just added a Duncan yesterday it's doing good fed a couple mysis shrimp this morning. All depends on the type of lighting you have tho. I have a four bulb t5 with two white and two actinic lights.

Yup. Agreed. And xenia is another very easy one..

Yea Xenia too. I ordered a frag from my reef store and it hasn't come in yet I really like the stuff.

Mushrooms zoas and xenias. Ok. Gotta go to my LFS today to see if they have any. Thanks guys as usual. Responses here are quick and awesome.

Dpizarrojr said:
Mushrooms zoas and xenias. Ok. Gotta go to my LFS today to see if they have any. Thanks guys as usual. Responses here are quick and awesome.

Haha no problem..pics when you get them.

So you know, there are several different varieties of xenia. Pulsing (flexes in and out), blue xenia, and your regular red/pink

I have about 2 weeks to choose so I'm going to do yd research

Back
Top Bottom