Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-27-2004, 03:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Got my Liverocks.com lr today!

All I can say is; WOW. I got 30lbs of keys and 35lbs of gulf. The gulf rock had so much life on it I could not believe it. There was a red creature that kinda looked like a mini lobster. Could I have a lobster? I only saw him briefly. The keys rock had a couple larger crabs and a big worm. I even see some corals. I hope my water is not all jacked up and I lose a bunch of good stuff. I should have sufficient lighting for the corals 2x96CF.

Now I need to buy a digicam so I can get some pics of my stuff you show you all!

Do I need to do anything since I have put the rock in or do I just wait now and monitor levels?

| Oceanic 70g RR| 1x96watt PC Lighting | 65lbs liverock | 2-4" DSB | Coralife CS125 Skimmer | 29g sump/fuge |
| 10g QT | 15watt light | Proquatics power filter | MaxiJet 900 PH |
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
wait, and monitor. Mike ships the rock well, so there should be minimal die-off. You still could get a small ammonia spike, so wait a week or two to be sure.

what I did was add some fish food every day so there was something to decay and create ammonia>>nitrite>>nitrate...and also in case the creatures needed a snack.

after a couple weeks, i had some nitrates and no ammonia or nitrite, so I felt I was safe to introduce the first fish.

Former advisor and planted tank geek...life's moved on though.
malkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Zack
Thanks for ordering, I am glad you like the rocks.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote

live, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com