Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-20-2004, 12:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Got my new Moonlight Awesome but have some questions....

Just got a new moonlight from customaquatic.com a few days ago. The tank looks incredible but I am a bit worried about the brightness....Is this cause for concern??? Fish seem to love the light though.

Bought this one as it was only $26.99 and seems like a much better deal than the other moonlights they sell...about half the price of their other moonlights. I'll try post some pics for anyone who is interested in seeing my setup under this light.

Old 10-20-2004, 09:30 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

First, Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com

Second, We always like pics here!

Now to your , you say that you're worried about how bright they are... how bright are they?

You're liable to get a fair amount of opinion based responses about these. Some think they're purely asthetic and really only benefit the viewer; some think they have definite positive impact on the system; and some think they're not a good idea. So just keep that in mind when folks start responding. I don't have any on my tank and I'm not sure how I feel about them yet. As far as brightness, as long as there is still a fair amount of "dark" in the tank for the fish to rest it shouldn't be a problem.

Old 10-20-2004, 09:33 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Personally I have them and in a 48" strip from Coralife there are 4 3/4w LED's... not very much light. It makes a cool effect but only really lights four spots in teh tank the size of a half dollar.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Well this little light illuminates virtually my whole tank. The fish behaviour over these last few days seems normal so I guess it must be fine. Everyone comments how cool the setup looks - a very deep blue shimmer! I'm trying to borrow a digicam so I can take some pics.

Tags
light, moonlight

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com