Got some new lr and a six line wrasse!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i do not think that his age is really the problem. i think that he is not the one who has to pay for all the live stock and his mom/dad is paying for it. they must be rich and can just put all this money in to a tank and dont care if it dies because they can always get a new one. i my self am only 17 i will be 18 in like 1 month i have to pay for all of my tank. i work about 20 hours a week just so i can have this tank. i have spent over $2000 on this tank. al of the money was my hard earned money and i do not want to take any risked to lose all of that money.

I am not sure how many times we can beat a dead horse...

I will say that the addition of the LR was much needed. But then we fall back into the "hole" of buying more fish than the tank is ready for and not QT'ing them at that.

It may simply take some deaths in the tank for him to really comprehend what it is we have all been preaching to him these past few months. It is sad that I say this, but I think when he looses some livestock, it may finally register.

:cry:

It may simply take some deaths in the tank for him to really comprehend what it is we have all been preaching to him these past few months. It is sad that I say this, but I think when he looses some livestock, it may finally register.

Thats a sad way to find out but it may work

and thanks for saying i have focus kudos to you guys(or girls)

Mr. Marine

Thank Mr Marine.
Back to the subject at hand. I too would like to see the young man have sucess. He seem like a nice kid and all he has to do is slow down and listen to the decaded of experience this forum has to offer.
Peace out :turn-l:

The fish just look so happy......until the ammonia spike hits them of course.

:tgv:

I am sorry guys, the incident with the angels did not go well, and my dad didint learn, he asked the lfs if the fish that we got will raise ammonia and all and they said that it wont because of the lr (I told him before to never trust a lfs because they dont know nothing about marine life) but noo my dad took the noobs advice over professional advice that you guys give, you guys have many more years of experience but my father did not listen. Even after he found out that the angels were messing up the tank!!!! I am just ashamed... and sad... :cry: :cry: :cry:

teen, while it is true you do not need to have your nitrates at zero, it promotes health in fish and corals. Think of it like living in the country, breathing fresh air, or living in a big city dealing with smog and pollution (hey, I live in the city so I am not knocking it). What would you rather have for a long-term environment? What do you think is more healthy? My Nitrate level is now at zero and has been for quite some time. When I add livestock (one at a time) it spikes slightly. One 10% water change and it is back to zero. Then I wait 6 or 8 weeks before adding anything new. Please remember, many people here (including myself) were keeping Marine fish while you where still playing peek-a-boo in your bouncy swing. I applaud all of you "youngsters" out there who are in this hobby. It's educational benefits are endless, keep it up. teen, once again, slow down and you will enjoy a happy and healthy tank for years to come.

hey lando you live in savage MN. i live about 30 min away from there and drive that way about every week to go see my sister. do you have a reef tank? and how big of a tank do you have? in my 46 it do not see any spike at all when i add a fish. ya it is only one fish but then i waite 2 weeks or more. 2 weeks because then i get payed again. but the tanks is also vary new it was set up in Dec of 2003. and i have a vary small bioload 1 clown fish and some corals.

Hey Warorks15, Next time you are in the area check out the LFS by me. It is in Savage on County Road 42 (Eagan Dr.) and Huntington. It is called Sea Dreams and is in a Stip Mall on the NW corner of that intersection. Go in and ask for Charles...tell him Brian sent you. He specializes in reef tanks and has some nice stuff. Just bougt a Pro Clear 150 sump from him today. I am in the process of up-grading my reef from 40 gal. to a 72 BF. Sorry this post is off of the subject...stop into Sea Dreams, you won't be disapointed.

My dad tried to do that too then i reminded him the tank is mine and i take care of it and pay for it and said that i wouldnt let him

at least you tried, dont be ashamed

Mr. Marine 14

p.s. Pink floyed rocks
:band: :band: :band:

Oh yes, pink floyd does rock!!!! :band: Also, I want some moon lights but the only close fish store that would carry them would be about an hour away, and I was wondering if we could just get an LED under car kit and use that for the aquarium?? Just wondering

Back
Top Bottom