Got some new lr and a six line wrasse!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just purchased another 20lbs of lr and we got a six line wrasse and a lawn mower blenny and a feather duster!!! I think the six line is very beautiful!! I will get pics in a few days! They are just sweet

How long has your tank been up and running? How long did it cycle before you added any fish/corals? Be honest. What are your water testing results currently? Seriously teen, what do we need to do to get you to slow down? It seems you have added a lot of LR and fish the past couple of days. You need to start doing things right. If your NH3, NO2, and NO3 are not all at zero you need to take back all of your fish and corals to the LFS and let your tank cycle properly. STOP ADDING FISH OR STOP ASKING FOR OUR ADVICE! I do not know how to make it any more clear to you. Anyone else agree? I think we all want you to succeed in this hobby but you need to take some personal responsibility for the well-being of your fish.

Oh....I missed this post. Come on buddy, slow down a bit and let things settle.
I learned the hard way about the importance of qt, I hope you don't . Your luck may run out and believe me, its no fun if disease sets in.

I totaly agree. Here is what is going to happen. He is going to read this and see that we are not happy for his new aquisitions and he will not respond to this. THis is how it is everytime. His tank is a little over a month old. He used bio spira to cycle it. He already has anenomes in it. I don't know why but this really makes me mad. If you are not going to do things right then maybe you should be in this hobby. Ok i'm done. Someone needs to talk some since into this KID.

If your NH3, NO2, and NO3 are not all at zero you need to take back all of your fish and corals to the LFS and let your tank cycle properly.

All is 0 and btw your nitrates dont have to be zero to know when you tank has cycled. Its just ammonia and nitrite that have to be 0. I got about 60-70lbs of lr in there and if I have too much fish Ill get rid of my damsels and my clowns and my chromis!!!!

If you want to have a successful reef setup, you want your Nitrates as close to 0 as possible. Most SPS wont tolerate high Nitrates.

So basically your plan is to take back fish, then say how you finally realised you were wrong.... only to re stock it with different kinds of fish? Nitrates need to be 0 if you have any corals IMO.

Teen, FWIW, I don't think your tank would be overstocked if it were a mature set up, but for it's age it's overstocked. Also, if you'll search the forums (particularly the sick fish forum) and you will see that many have done just as your doing with poor results. Entusiasm, is great, but can lead to tragedy when not tempered with patience.

How old are you exactly teen? Knowing this may help w/ the responses. Keeping a successful reef tank is definitly not easy, or for kids.

I think hes 14 just like me

Mr. Marine
(who may not be old enough for the titile mister but will keep it anyways)

Yes Mr Marine, but from what I see in most of your posts, you seem to have some focus. :wink:

I think this thread is starting to go to a bad place. Let's keep it focused on the issues, not the age of the poster....just cautioning everyone to keep it civil.

Back
Top Bottom