Got too many snails?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ordered some snails for my 110G tank and they sent me way too many. What I wanted was:

10 Trochus
15 Cerith
15 nassarius
and I currently have 8 margarit and 8 nerite

Anyway they sent me like 30 cerith and at least 30 tiny nassarius as well as about 15 bumblee bee. What should I do, I feel bad just killing them but they'll probably starve in my tank anyway?

jamal-188 said:
I ordered some snails for my 110G tank and they sent me way too many. What I wanted was:

10 Trochus
15 Cerith
15 nassarius
and I currently have 8 margarit and 8 nerite

Anyway they sent me like 30 cerith and at least 30 tiny nassarius as well as about 15 bumblee bee. What should I do, I feel bad just killing them but they'll probably starve in my tank anyway?
IMO, the only possible issue here might be with the cerith but when you think about the size of a 110 gal and 15 extra snails, it's not a large concern. You should not have issues with lack of algae foods. The nassarius and bumblebee can easily be sumplimented with sinking pellets at night once the lights are off. It will cut down on fish competition. These two types of snails are just as much the scavenger as any crab or shrimp and will easily survive if fed....

Baring that, you should be able to get some sort of store credit from your area LFS.

Cheers
Steve

Ill take em

Ill take em and pay the shipping and a little extra?!?

Sorry guys but I think I'll try Steve-s's recomendation and keep them for now. My little mean hermit crabs alredy killed a few and took there shells so I got rid of my last couple crabs!

the bumble bee snails are so cool. i would keep them. they work pretty hard in my tank

Back
Top Bottom