Gotta be a new record!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G1203

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a kole tang the size of a quarter!!!! Lol

Any tips with koles will be use full

Thanks

When he's a bit bigger he'll eat some algae, seaweed growing in your tank, prob get to be 6"

So the kole is just following my coral beauty aroun?:) lol! It's like the coral beauty is his mom. And it does what ever the coral Beauty does! Lol if the coral beauty pecks a rock the tang does too lol!!!

aww how cute! my tangs follow each other around all day long, my tang gang. lol

Kole tangs are really great fish and easy too! They grow pretty quick as well so he will be big before you know it!

Cool I can't wait to see those adult colors!!!:)

So you think one will go with a purple? I have a purple tang but he is in my tank so not sure if I could add another tang due to that!

It of course depends on the tank size. But if you have a big enough tank it might not be a problem. Also depends on the tang's personality that you have. For instance my 3 tangs are kinda aggressive so I wouldnt dare add another tang unless he was BIG. LOL

You can also re arrange your rock and put one in, this causes the purple to have to get a ":new" territory and gives the new tang a chance to go into the tank without any aggression from the current tang. It's recommended that you add tangs all at once to avoid those types of issues.

I have all of these together, just sold a Vlamingii naso cause he was the only trouble maker in my tank.
•Powder blue Tang
•Powder Brown Tang
•Tomini Tang
•Blue Hippo Tang
•Yellow mimic Tang
•Yellow Tang
•Scopas Tang
•Sailfin Tang
•Naso Tang

I have all of these together, just sold a Vlamingii naso cause he was the only trouble maker in my tank.
•Powder blue Tang
•Powder Brown Tang
•Tomini Tang
•Blue Hippo Tang
•Yellow mimic Tang
•Yellow Tang
•Scopas Tang
•Sailfin Tang
•Naso Tang

Thats a buttload of tangs!! How big is your tank? lol

You have NINE tangs in a 150g??? OMG, wow. If its working for you god bless but that is waaaay more than I'd ever try. LOL I'm debating about putting another one or two tangs into my next build but even then it would only be a total of 5 and one is a small bristletooth tomini. hehe

You must be doing some massive maintenance on that tank to keep the parameters in check. I dont envy that one bit lol

I run a burlin style tank, just 2 skimmers and a sh** load of live rock!!! And that's just my tangs!! I have I think 31 fish, my fave is oriental sweet lips :)

I think i will keep my opinions to myself. LOL But dude, that's crazy!! A sweetlips? In a 150g? What were you thinking? I'm really really glad you are upgrading but thats still alot of fish even for a 320g! I'm guessing you got them all before you knew any better. lol
I'm in awe that they all get along together, my tangs have a nasty disposition already, I can't imagine having nine of them!

Where are you getting you 320g from? That would be an 8 foot tank right? I was looking at glasscages myself cause I have a wall that is at least 8 feet that I was gonna put a monster tank on but the prices were a bit high for my wallet. I'm gonna stick with the 180g upgrade and call it a day. :)

Ya I didn't know any better about most of the fish, but my sweetie??? Ya I knew he was prob gonna grow up to 36"!!! As time goes by, he grows (I hope) ill keep going bigger

Back
Top Bottom