Granular ferric oxide and its effect on bryopsis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think BRS recommends one tablespoon per 4 gallons of regular capacity GFO, so you really don't use very much of it at a time.

I think BRS recommends one tablespoon per 4 gallons of regular capacity GFO, so you really don't use very much of it at a time.

Ohhh okay, I thought I'd be using about a third of the container at a time. Well I asked a chem teacher in my school and he said that ferric oxide is a three ( I'm guessing he's talking about how many iron atoms are in it) so it will bond with phosphates by clumping together... Which Would make sense considering it clumps if you pump too much water through it. He also said it is being used as a flocculator, whatever that means lol.. Just posting if anyone's interested.

For a 30g tank brs suggests 7tbsp of LC GFO the HC GFO they suggest 3tbsp. I started out using the LC GFO and it work ok, i tried the HC and had much better results. I would recommend running a reactor i use the phosban reactor cheap and works great! I would not suggest putting it in a bag because water will follow the path of least resistance and will go around it rather than through it. Not sure which way you were thinking of going

For a 30g tank brs suggests 7tbsp of LC GFO the HC GFO they suggest 3tbsp. I started out using the LC GFO and it work ok, i tried the HC and had much better results. I would recommend running a reactor i use the phosban reactor cheap and works great! I would not suggest putting it in a bag because water will follow the path of least resistance and will go around it rather than through it. Not sure which way you were thinking of going

Idk what type it is but I'm goin to be using a phosban reactor. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom