gravel cleaners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It should not but you never know sometimes. What kind of substrate do you have? If it`s sand you really dont need a cleaner. A good clean up crew will do the job. JMO

Yes you`ll need to vacuum that to keep nitrates down. I would not worry about pods going up the vac.

are there a CUC that can burrow into that or will all of the cleaning come from the vacuum?

CC is pretty sharp and quite heavy. Not too much can get through it. You might want to consider in the future going to sand.

if i remove a lot of the CC can i put sand on top of it because my tank is lightly stocked at the moment, so it would be easier to change now than later.

NO the sand will work it`s way to the bottom and you`ll still have the CC at the top. Your sest bet is to remove the CC 1/4 at a time and fill it back in with sand.

Actually if amphipods and bristleworms can be siphoned through a gravel vac, I'm pretty certain just about anything else can too. I'm all for gravel vaccing no matter what substrate you have and you'll definitely need one for CC.

thank you guys, would it be possible to have a half and half set up, CC fading into sand? or would it make more sense to just replace the CC

Back
Top Bottom