gravel vac question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use it for my 2 10g tanks and my method works well. Just make sure the hoses are all nice and neat and just place gently on the top of the water. it will fill up and youre set. If you dont have the tubes nice and neat you'll end up making a mess when you go to reach the end to the bucket. Trust me...been there and done that!

carey said:
I use it for my 2 10g tanks and my method works well. Just make sure the hoses are all nice and neat and just place gently on the top of the water. it will fill up and youre set. If you dont have the tubes nice and neat you'll end up making a mess when you go to reach the end to the bucket. Trust me...been there and done that!

when i first used this on my 15 i didnt know what i was doing n once the syphon started i freaked and there was 10g of water on the floor...oops

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
when i first used this on my 15 i didnt know what i was doing n once the syphon started i freaked and there was 10g of water on the floor...oops

Haha that's so cute! <3 Sometimes I still get 10g of water on the floor, heehee!

hmm since i switched to sand anytime i vac a bunch of sand comes up with the debris :( if i just skip the surface the debris don't come up

what to do?

i tried it out this morn i didn't get any sand n i was. 5" away from the surface i manged to get bits n pieces of debris id say try it use it for pwc then remeove large chucks usin a baster

I don't have the super small sand but I still only skim over the top layer, I end up with a little sand at the end of the pwc but nothing major.

yeah i vacuum the substrate when I do pwc
what about all the nasties in the sand? will removing just the debri chunks be fine?

smaller than sugar, lol
it's quickrete play sand, i don't know the grain size

LOL. I have an overabundance of snails so i don't worry too much about sand nasties. i do however try to get all the big chunks of debris and I dig maybe a 1/4 inch into he sand if that. More of a light touch. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon, its all new to you.

Back
Top Bottom