great deal on RO/DI filter under $80!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

srgetz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone looking for a RO/DI system on a tight budget?

I just got on a 6 stage RO+DI on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46310&item=4300111275&rd=1. He normally sells them for $65 buy it now, and also has a few bid auctions everyday that go for $40-50! $27.50 is added for S/H either way. There is no faucet or tank, I just plan on filling my own containers anyway. It will be so nice not going to lfs for RO, not to mention no more bottled water to buy at the market... :lol:

Just do an Ebay search for AQUA75GPD He also sells 100gpd units, he emailed me the instructions & tracking #. Seems to be very good instructions with troubleshooting and phone support if necessary.

I have the unit with the tank , but never hooked it up,lol. Just go to lowes (not Home depot they didn't have it) and get a compression fitting, I got one that goes from my syphon screw in for the sink to hte 3/8 hose for for the unit , no leas at all

Ebay is just wonderful... you can find just about anything there.

Thanks for the link, I have a feeling we'll be buying one of those in the near future. :D

Ebay is just wonderful... you can find just about anything there.

LOL, depends on who ya ask, my wife thinks it sucks, I been ebaying my @$$ off the last couple of months and this link ended up with me placing a bid on an external flash unit for my cam, LOL.

reefrunner69 said:
LOL, depends on who ya ask, my wife thinks it sucks, I been ebaying my @$$ off the last couple of months and this link ended up with me placing a bid on an external flash unit for my cam, LOL.

LOL Just get her to look around on ebay and start bidding on things she wants and soon she'll be addicted too... 8) :D

I just ordered the same with the tank... it is a great Deal..

I bought one with the tank and drinking water attachment from a seller named filterdirect for $107 with $25 for shipping. Still waiting on my plumber friend to hook it up.... :roll:

Still waiting on my plumber friend to hook it up....

Why 8O . The thing is simple to hook up. as long as your gonna use the drinking water attachment. If you need help pm me and I'll try and help you. The hardest part was figuring out where to put all those blasted hoses. :roll:

LOL... you two make me glad that my husband and I are both addicts in this hobby. I can't imagine the difficulty trying to explain the need/expense of all of this to a spouse that just doesn't get it.

"You payed HOW MUCH for bacteria covered rock?" :wink:

Back
Top Bottom