Great News- Hair Algae Under Control!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drinkingbird

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just wanted to share my recent success. After several toothbrush scrubbings I finally have the hair algae under control. I cut back on some feedings, did several water changes & the snails did the rest. I can see my rock again. I'll post a pic as soon as I get my film developed (I know so oldschool) :lol:

Good new!s for you, glad you got it under control!

My moms's 12g nano had a ton of hair algae that grew during the cycle, a bi-color blenny and 10 cerith snails took car of it in 3-4 days. I couldn't belive it, there was soooo much and it was 3 inches longor so.

peoplewave.gif
peoplewave.gif
peoplewave.gif

I am having a mini problem with hair algae and am starting to worry it may be a bigger problem. I am interested in getting a blenny.. they look cool.. couple of questions though.. first, which blenny does the job? and the last is will he/she be alright with a Domino damsel I just stuck in there a couple of days ago? thanks!

I have a midas blenny & she didn't help too much, I think a lawnmower blenny might be of some use. As for compatibility, another AAer will have to answer. I only have 1 fish & still learning.
I did alot of manual removal of the hair algae. It took forever, but rox look great.

I agree that a lawnmower blenny would probably be better. I have a bi-color blenny and he didn't help me much in my time of need concerning algae.

I don't think that there will be a problem. Blennies (Bi-Colors, anyway) can be pretty aggressive if messed with. My blenny is the only fish that my sebae clown doesn't push around at all. Occassionally he tries, but he gets put in his place real fast. Not to mention that if you have a lot of rock, the blenny has a few safe spots, most likely.

Back
Top Bottom