Green aiptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorfreak

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have several of what look like aptasia but are green. They are isolated to one fairly small rock. I just got all my LR from liverocks.com. Mike (the owner) said it's only the aptasia from Indonesia that spread like crazy and that the kind from Atlantic/Gulf does not. Anyone have experience with this? I think they're cool looking and would rather keep them if they're not going to become a problem.

If you like them, let them be. I would monitor for any spreading and treat as needed. You may want to keep the single rock with the aptashia on it seperated from the others so it can not crawl to another rock. They will still be able to spread, but it may slow it down. I got somes keys rock from liverocks.com in Aug and there was one ap. on a rock. I left it be. My peppermints or copperband have not touched it yet, but it has not spread at all. Just keep an eye on it. Lando

I had several on my rocks from LR.com small to med. They haven't really moved or spread at all. I added a few peppermint shrimp and they cleared the small ones and no new ones after 3 months or so. They are not eating the big ones even though I see them go after them every once in a while they just don't kill them (too big). If you want them gone then you'll have to get a bigger solution.

I'll have to get a few peppermint shrimp once I catch all the mantis shrimps. What you described is exactly what I would like.... to keep one or two big ones and not let any more pop up.

Update: Green Aiptasia is spreading like wildfire. It's even on my base rock now. Time to order some Joe's Juice.

Back
Top Bottom