Green algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The back glass of my 90 was covered in a carpet of green long hair algae I have 4 Mexican turbos and a emerald crab (that went rouge so back to the store he went) 2 weeks it took them to eat all the algae and haven't had any since

I would think it's from the excess nutriets since your using tap water - grab a reef master test kit and throw up your parameters on the site here..Also use or buy a tds meter ($10) and check the ppm coming out of your tap -

One of those steps include a blackout for 1 week. Or half the amount of time at least. What if one had corals? Would half the amount of lighting for say a weeks span have any negative impact on corals ?

They might not open as much but it will not kill them but it would definitely help get rid of the algea. One thing I would do first is try to siphon out as much as possible while doing a PWC using RO or RO/DI water.

One of those steps include a blackout for 1 week. Or half the amount of time at least. What if one had corals? Would half the amount of lighting for say a weeks span have any negative impact on corals ?

I've blacked out my tank (cyano issue) for three days with no ill affects, other than removing the cyano...

Back
Top Bottom