Green algae on lr help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidward

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm starting to get this green algae on my lr I'm testing and everything is good A-0,ph-8.4,no3-0,no2-0, ca-500,alk10. I have a 75 gl up and running for 1yr and a half , 216 w t5. No cuc , i do admit my light has been staying on longer due to the fact I'm working later . I'm upgrading the light soon the one I have now only has one cord so I can't really put a timer to it. Any suggestions on how to get to of this problem ?

I had that on my rock too. I added a emerald crab and some hermits and they took care of it. The emerald crab I watched as he ate it. The hermits im not sure if they did but the rock is clean now.

Regardless of how many plugs a light has, you can still get a timer for it. Pretty inexpensive at a hardware store.

How long are you keeping your lights on? What's your feeding schedule like (amount per feeding and # of feedings)?

AquaRick said:
Regardless of how many plugs a light has, you can still get a timer for it. Pretty inexpensive at a hardware store.

How long are you keeping your lights on? What's your feeding schedule like (amount per feeding and # of feedings)?

My lights are on for about 8 hrs , sometimes they go a little bit longer . As for my light I have 2 switches therefore if I add a timer both daytime and actinic bulb need to be on at the same time . I feed every other day

Cleveland Clowns said:
I had that on my rock too. I added a emerald crab and some hermits and they took care of it. The emerald crab I watched as he ate it. The hermits im not sure if they did but the rock is clean now.

I did go to my lfs's and non had an emerald available till Thursday. So I will bs getting a decent cuc then .

Back
Top Bottom