Green Algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

curibe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I know this might be a stupid question, But iam a beginner and for w/e reason everywhere i go i get a diffrent answer for something that it is maybe so simple.

But is there a reason why i keep getting green Algea on my 10g tank? I mean i know it is harder to maintain a 10 gallon because of how small it is but the reason why i have it is to learn before i try to upgrade.

I have heard mix solutions and they tell me to but algea controlling products but it just keeps coming.

Could it be the lighting? I only keep the light on for 8 hrs I dont have corals or anything i just have live sand, live rocks, and 2 percula clown fish.

Please your help would be gradly appretiated.

It probably is excess nutrients in your water. two things to check for 1) your feeding schedule. Feed lightly and every other day. This will take care of DOC in your tank. 2) Are you using tap water which contains phosphates and silicates that are fuel for algea. Check these two things and let us know.

Back
Top Bottom