Green Brittle Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are these good to have? I have looked around for info on them and they are suppose to be pretty hardy and are reef safe correct? I am thinking about getting one today since they look really cool and I'm sure there is enough food for him in there and plenty of rubble for him to hide in.

They can be rather agresssive when they get bigger I hear. Can get a hold of smaller fish and maybe some inverts. Some have had them with no incidence, but they can be predatorial. OK if housed with all larger fish I'd guess.

I have a greyish looking brittle. They are VERY peaceful. Maybe consider one of those instead or a serpent for your cleanup crew addition instead.

I just looked at your Info. I'd think 20g is too small for one of'm anyway.

I like posting behind austinsdad, he covers everything well...
The predatory methods of the green brittle star are very cool to watch. They perch up, like tent poles, then twist down in such a fashion there is no escape! Very efficient predators of small fish.

Thanks for the link Hara. I think I'm gonna have my lfs order me a red serpent, preferably a very small one. This sound good?

Back
Top Bottom