green bubble tip aneomone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
How do i kno how much to feed it or how many times a week to feed him? i mean i been feeding him every other day and was told to feed him krill? Thank you for anyone who helps ahead of time.

honeysuckle11 said:
How do i kno how much to feed it or how many times a week to feed him? i mean i been feeding him every other day and was told to feed him krill? Thank you for anyone who helps ahead of time.

Once a week is plenty. They are a lot more dependent on light. They need strong lighting. They will eat a lot of different foods. Silver sides , cooked shrimp, brine and mysis shrimp. Good luck I love mine.

Mine been closing up alot to go tobathroom but then open right back up in a hour. That normal? And once a week is fine to feed him so ur saying im over fedding him?

honeysuckle11 said:
Mine been closing up alot to go tobathroom but then open right back up in a hour. That normal? And once a week is fine to feed him so ur saying im over fedding him?

You might be he may not actually be pooping. They do that when they poop and if they eat to much they will spit it back out

I have never fed mine. They get all they need from the water column and lighting and if you have a clown fish whatever they bring it.

22engine said:
They will eat a lot of different foods. Silver sides , cooked shrimp, brine and mysis shrimp. Good luck I love mine.

I believe this was a typo, do not feed cooked anything to any of your aquatic animals. Raw shrimp is fine.

reefrunner69 said:
I believe this was a typo, do not feed cooked anything to any of your aquatic animals. Raw shrimp is fine.

Yes thanks didn't notice. Typing on the iPhone

melosu58 said:
I have never fed mine. They get all they need from the water column and lighting and if you have a clown fish whatever they bring it.

+1

With clowns hosting I would never feed. Nems get most if not all of what they need from photosynthesis and planktonic food in the water column. Nems are not out eating meaty foods all the time in the wild like many people seem to assume.

But if you do feed, feed pieces no larger than the mouth for easier digestion. And i wouldnt feed more than 2 times a week. Krill, silversides, fresh seafood (shrimp, fish, scallops) etc.

Back
Top Bottom