green chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dolphinsfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was thinking about adding a single green chromis to my well established 26gal FOWLR tank. Only other fish are a pair of O. clowns that are long time residents. Would the green chromis do well in this set up or are they better kept in groups?

I have had one for several months now without issue. There where 3 but one died in QT. The other went crazy trying to get all the food when I fed the tank and ran full speed into the glass and killed itself. I have been scared to add another so I say yes one will do fine.

My percs had a big problem when I added 5 little chromis to my 55, they beat the crap out of them.. Its a crap shoot.......

I have 7 in my 75 gallon and I think they are good fish. They are cheap, tough and easy to care for...but get more than one.....he might hide a lot if he is by himself.

I also think that having more than 2 is a good idea. I have 3 and they are really outgoing. My friend has a single one and he is very shy. I had heard that an odd number is best also, but I think that mainly means that you don't want to have just 2 because of the liklihood of aggression. Mine have some occasional "arguments" but no outright battles between them. I also have 2 small false percs and they do fine with the chromies. They were introduced to the tank after the chromies though, so not the exact same situation.

Back
Top Bottom