green chromis or blue damselfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am thinking of getting of my fish that i am going to have in my tank and at the minute i have thought of having, 2 common clowns, a regal clown , a coral beauty, a flame angle and a yellow tang, adding them in that order but woth the two dwarf angles at the same time.

i am also looking to get some small? shoaling fish, and am looking at the green chrois and blue damselfish.

so what do you guys think of these two fish, and would they work in my set-up?

iv head of not keeping 2 angles in any thing smaler the a 125gal and that the 2 tangs might fight as well, i would go with the green cromis they look nice in a schol and the damsels a territorial and agressive.

Pomme, did you post this both on RC and here? I hope i'm not having De-ja-voue

okay so you think the green chromis then, are they shoaling fish or not as i have heard different opinions?

Green and Blue Chromis are the most docile of the damsel family.. If you have aggressive fish in the tank, get more than 3. This will allow them to school and feel safer... :wink:

yeah sorry i just want to make sure that somebody replies, as i think its the best way to get info from other fish keppers instead of retailers who want to sell you the thing with the most profit as quickly as possible, never min what it does in the tank?

I did, I am getting more to replace the ones that died when my anemone
exploded...

BTW, I merged the post in General Forum into this one...

i would get some green chromis but i feel my tank is stocked with enuff fish my lfs has a 500gal display tank with about 20 green chromis and they look great schooling together.

pomme said:
yeah sorry i just want to make sure that somebody replies, as i think its the best way to get info from other fish keppers instead of retailers who want to sell you the thing with the most profit as quickly as possible, never min what it does in the tank?

That is so true, thats why I suggest for you to go to Liveaquaria.com & click on the compatability icon which will show you who are able to live together & not.

yeah thats what seems to be happening, the dwarf angles are okay with clowns and tangs, and the tangs are okay with dwarf angles and clowns, but i have to be caution with the two dwarf angles and the two tangs?

see i am stuck, but from what everybody has said and what i have seen in other peoples tanks, i think the tangs will be okay as they are so different and the dwarf angles if i add them when small and the same time, i hope they will be okay?, i have a feeling they will be okay as they will grow up with each othere so should be used to each other, and as my tank has limke little coral attols there should be loads of running and hiding places are needed?

I'd go with the chromis and not the damsels...the damsels are pretty agressive. The chromis's aren't nearly as agressive. the damsels could go after your clownfish and tang when they get larger. Be careful with the clowns too, more than 1 clown can be scary. I have a percula and sabae and they chase each other around.

oh right i hadnt thought of that one, uhhhhhh, another one to think of, so should i get the two clowns from the same tank that they are in the retail shop, if that makes sense, from the same tank? and should they be similar size or different sizes?

Back
Top Bottom