Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
green frogspawn one head

hey guys i got a green frogspawn today one head and one maybe small head it had four heads in petstore the fish guy said his tank had been overheating for his coral and he lost alot of frogspawn and hammers this one had one head left look healthy i saw it last week also but it either looks the same since then or better no worse if anything better fifteen dollars for one head and one small head was it worth it

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Once it`s up and flourishing you`ll think it was worth every penny. My frogspawn was one head and it has 21 or 22 heads right now.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

cool how much did one head cost you and i belive this has two but not sure yet have to wait for it to open i see one head open now its still floating aslo how do they grow heads do the current heads split or does it grow whole new heads like the torch coral i dont know and wat ever the frogspawn does is the torch the same.
special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

It will grow new heads. Mine was 20 dollars about three years ago.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

View my tank

Old 09-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

cool well i feel like i got a good deal then i just hope it flurishes i thought hard on it as my torch has had brown jelly but i may never get this deal again they dont get any single stalks in ever just ones with 5 or 6 heads but like i said his tank overheated because his chiller broke and the shops air when out at same time so he took 5 dollars off because it was not healthy as normal but he said it should make it, so if it grows new ones will this little tiny thing coming off one of the stalks be a new one if its still alive its about the size of a pencil tip and very short
Old 09-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

alright here is the way its going so far one head looks ok its opening not as open as i think it should be but open and closing when i moved it to a safer spot in tank near the back on a flat surface the other head if its still considered a head the tenticals are the same green color as the other head but fewer tenticals prob five tenticalses and they retract when its bothered but wat gets me is that these tentacles are coming from the skeleton like thier is nothing there but lose tenticals attached to the skeleton head i am trying to get a pic but this is all i can get so far will try moving it tommorow when i get home from work (first day back after broken foot!!! yay!!! i really am happy lol) here are the pics ignore my alge covered wall in the back and the ugly rock that is one of my new diy rocks slowly changing its got some coraline in spots. it was on top of my arch to see were it was you can view my full tank shot in the fourms
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0696.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	20614   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0697.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	20615  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0706.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	20616  
Old 09-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i have seen it open a bit more than wat it is in this pic
Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #8
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Looks a bit light colored. Give it some time and lets see whats going on.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

View my tank

Old 09-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

alright also mike remember my torch with brownjelly well i thought i had beat the diesase on it today one of my two last heads had it i broke off the head but while cleaning the remainer of the coral off it a small pin hole came in on the side of the last remaining head and before i noticed i was using a syringe to clean the dead head and i thought that spot was of the dead head and i sucked a tentincle through the hole and into the syringe will that little pin hole kill the last remaining head?
Old 09-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #10
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Anything is possible. It`s hard to say.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

View my tank

Tags
frog, frogs, frogspawn

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com