green frogspawn one head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys i got a green frogspawn today one head and one maybe small head it had four heads in petstore the fish guy said his tank had been overheating for his coral and he lost alot of frogspawn and hammers this one had one head left look healthy i saw it last week also but it either looks the same since then or better no worse if anything better fifteen dollars for one head and one small head was it worth it

Once it`s up and flourishing you`ll think it was worth every penny. My frogspawn was one head and it has 21 or 22 heads right now.

cool how much did one head cost you and i belive this has two but not sure yet have to wait for it to open i see one head open now its still floating aslo how do they grow heads do the current heads split or does it grow whole new heads like the torch coral i dont know and wat ever the frogspawn does is the torch the same.

cool well i feel like i got a good deal then i just hope it flurishes i thought hard on it as my torch has had brown jelly but i may never get this deal again they dont get any single stalks in ever just ones with 5 or 6 heads but like i said his tank overheated because his chiller broke and the shops air when out at same time so he took 5 dollars off because it was not healthy as normal but he said it should make it, so if it grows new ones will this little tiny thing coming off one of the stalks be a new one if its still alive its about the size of a pencil tip and very short

alright here is the way its going so far one head looks ok its opening not as open as i think it should be but open and closing when i moved it to a safer spot in tank near the back on a flat surface the other head if its still considered a head the tenticals are the same green color as the other head but fewer tenticals prob five tenticalses and they retract when its bothered but wat gets me is that these tentacles are coming from the skeleton like thier is nothing there but lose tenticals attached to the skeleton head i am trying to get a pic but this is all i can get so far will try moving it tommorow when i get home from work (first day back after broken foot!!! yay!!! i really am happy lol) here are the pics ignore my alge covered wall in the back and the ugly rock that is one of my new diy rocks slowly changing its got some coraline in spots. it was on top of my arch to see were it was you can view my full tank shot in the fourms

Attachments

• 100_0696.jpg
    100_0696.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_0697.jpg
    100_0697.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_0706.jpg
    100_0706.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 65
alright also mike remember my torch with brownjelly well i thought i had beat the diesase on it today one of my two last heads had it i broke off the head but while cleaning the remainer of the coral off it a small pin hole came in on the side of the last remaining head and before i noticed i was using a syringe to clean the dead head and i thought that spot was of the dead head and i sucked a tentincle through the hole and into the syringe will that little pin hole kill the last remaining head?

i think the torch has had it lol both of those heads had deflated tentacles till today the one with the pin prick now had opend up more but now it suffered this because its neighbor who was actually connected to him got the disease i think i have started getting corals that are out of my leauge i need to go back to zoas and leathers and let that be it anyways i just fed my tank mysis and brine maybe the toadstool will like that i have heard mysis are good for em is that ture?

oh well i was mainly feeding my fish anyways if they got some during the feeding i guess it wont hurt lol i am depressed :drain: in the past few weeks i have made a stupid choice in a fish (the bicolor angel) torch coral caught brown jelly and i made the worst coral buy in the history of my tank!!! i have never gambled on a coral like that these have been worst weeks ever! lol :-|

Shake it off and take it as a learning curve. All of us have been there and probably will be there again. I was there when I was doing a seahorse tank. It`s only a bad thing if you dont learn from the experience.

Don't beat yourself up to much. And don't worry to much about the aiptasia. Just don't try to pull it out or scrape it off and I will be there. Wait until it's large enough to feed it some kalk or Joe's juice or another product to kill them.

well at least the frag of my watermellon zoas survived i made it yesterday so i can put a frag in my 29 gal in case the angel decides to finally eat something and its my zoas lol! i have heard that out of my corals thats the only one he eats i have zoas and leathers and the dyeing torch and the gambeled frogspawn

alright guys last torch head is still kicking it and the frogspawn head is still going so is the weird head that has only a few tenticals sticking out of it. the bicolor angel is still doing good as well but still not eating i guess his constant grazing keeps him good and he is not touching my corals yet..... so i guess the only thing i can do is sit watch and wait for my torch and frogspawn to come back i will be cleaning my lights today to make sure they are getting maximum light that i can give as my lights have salt build up over the entire lense lol

How long has it been since you cleaned your lense on your light fixture? I ask this because maybe you have to much surface aggitation going on or micro-bubbles are getting into the DT via your skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom