Green hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i cut a piece of plywood to fill in the gap for now ive called my LFS and he thinks he has a glass canopy ( folds in the middle) for my tank for 10 dollas used and about 30 brand new..... do you think this is a good idea or would the egg crate be better i need to get my light off the tank aswell thats y i was aiming towards the glass but then i think id have a n overheating problem dont you think ? because right now with not top and light on tank im running 79 at night and ive seen it sky rocket to 82.5 late afternoon. i put a fan on the tank and thats keeping it cool for now but i think with glass it may get to hot ?

Can't phosphates come from frozen brine water it's packed in? I've always heard that's the case so I rinse mine in fw. Howmany hours are the lights on? 8 would be ok for now. I do 10 hrs.

Also might wanna use better nutrition foods. Brine shrimp is empty on the nutrition. Veggie and meat mixtures is what I prefer. Soaked in vitamin (Zoe) and garlic to help boost the immune system.

Edited: Wow, just noticed I replied to the very first thread in this post. Oops.

Yeah, a glass top will hold in heat and decrease your O2 exchange and pH.

okay im going with the egg crate paint it black it will be all good . best tool to cut this stuf to perfect size and cut outs for my skimmer and filter?
ya i feed frozen brine( with veggie) :). yai heard regular brine is like feeding them chips. and that little lighting really. well i heard 12 and twelve was good amount to have maybe thats y my algae is so bad. my corals will be ok with only that little of light because my light isnt that strong only 96 watts

so how much light should i have a day ????

Back
Top Bottom