Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular
well i cut a piece of plywood to fill in the gap for now ive called my LFS and he thinks he has a glass canopy ( folds in the middle) for my tank for 10 dollas used and about 30 brand new..... do you think this is a good idea or would the egg crate be better i need to get my light off the tank aswell thats y i was aiming towards the glass but then i think id have a n overheating problem dont you think ? because right now with not top and light on tank im running 79 at night and ive seen it sky rocket to 82.5 late afternoon. i put a fan on the tank and thats keeping it cool for now but i think with glass it may get to hot ?

Derdy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Can't phosphates come from frozen brine water it's packed in? I've always heard that's the case so I rinse mine in fw. Howmany hours are the lights on? 8 would be ok for now. I do 10 hrs.

Also might wanna use better nutrition foods. Brine shrimp is empty on the nutrition. Veggie and meat mixtures is what I prefer. Soaked in vitamin (Zoe) and garlic to help boost the immune system.

Edited: Wow, just noticed I replied to the very first thread in this post. Oops.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #23
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Yeah, a glass top will hold in heat and decrease your O2 exchange and pH.
Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:41 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular
okay im going with the egg crate paint it black it will be all good . best tool to cut this stuf to perfect size and cut outs for my skimmer and filter?
ya i feed frozen brine( with veggie) . yai heard regular brine is like feeding them chips. and that little lighting really. well i heard 12 and twelve was good amount to have maybe thats y my algae is so bad. my corals will be ok with only that little of light because my light isnt that strong only 96 watts

so how much light should i have a day ????

Derdy88 is offline   Reply With Quote

algae, hair, hair algae

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com